Launch your successful career in private sector research and development and make a significant contribution to the global challenges of climate change and sustainable development.
- Are you a final year undergraduate or graduate with ambition to reach the highest professional standing?
- Do you want to develop your skills and experience to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career which uses your background in science or engineering?
- Do you want to be part of a graduate team underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
- Do you want to play your part in delivering a more sustainable world and meet the challenges of climate change?
If the answer is yes, then the Centre for Global Eco-innovation wants to hear from you.
Available is an exciting opportunity to gain a Masters by Research degree in collaboration with an innovative company, a major food producer and a Swiss laboratory. The project involves the recovery and analysis of materials from waste emerging from a food processing facility. The project will be predominately based in the Chemistry Department, Lancaster University but may involve visits to the manufacturer and to Switzerland.
Mon 02 June 2014
Funded Masters degree: Using chemistry to deliver environmental improvements, working with a leading international paint manufacture
This project is an exciting opportunity to undertake a 1 year funded, Masters by Research project - Using chemistry to investigate how to better use waste material and recover valuable materials. It provides the opportunity for a higher degree whilst at the same time delivering a valuable recycling initiative for a major producer.
Sun 01 June 2014
Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
This project is part of the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation which brings together the expertise, resources and global contacts of Lancaster University and the University of Liverpool, together with international commercialisation consultancy Inventya Ltd.
The aim of the centre is to form collaborative R&D partnerships to enable and drive innovation in businesses, supporting the development of new products, processes and services for the global marketplace that have positive environmental benefits.
By joining the centre you will receive a tax free stipend payment of £13,726 over the year and a contribution of £2,000 will be paid towards your tuition fees by your partner business.
The appointed candidate will finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas. The Centre for Global Eco-innovation is the only centre of its kind in Europe and is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund.