This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Increase the innovation performance of the regions SMEs.
- Increase the level of collaboration between SMEs and universities.
- Capitalise on the use of graduate talent to overcome low levels of absorptive capacity in SMEs.
- Increase the export performance of the regions SMEs in markets for low carbon and environmental goods and services.
- To increase the economic performance of the region.
- To deliver significant savings in greenhouse gas emissions, water, waste and material use.
Demonstrating the benefits of R&D
By providing structured and supported collaboration, the centre supports business growth and helps companies overcome barriers to innovation identified by Government. The centre also acts as a significant demonstrator of the benefits R&D collaborations between universities and small-to-medium sized businesses.