This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
By 2017 the centre has set itself the ambitious target of working with over 285 businesses within the region, resulting in:
- 235 firms becoming engaged in new collaborations with the knowledge base.
- The creation of 318 new jobs.
- 85 businesses with significantly improved commercial performance.
- The creation of 150 new products and services for export.
- £45M in additional GVA (value added to the regional economy) by 2017.
- The leverage of £675K from private sector investment.
In turn this will result in a set of wider anticipated impacts including:
- An uplift in the proportion of innovative SMEs within the region.
- An increase the regions export performance in low carbon and environmental markets.
- The development of a novel model of SME/university collaborative R&D.
- An increase in inward investment into the region .
- Increased graduate retention within the region and knowledge-based employment.
- Increased global prominence of NW SMEs and universities.